Black Labrador

Black Labrador
Cute Dog

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Invasion

The Invasion

    My name is George and I'm 11 years old. On the 6th June 2020 my life changed forever. It was a cloudy, misty day and my best friend Zac and I were kicking a ball around on the beach. A hovering sound surrounded us with a sudden buzz, and with our eyes squinting from the sun, we saw the most unbelievable spacecraft ever. Zac and I quickly raced as fast as we could into our secert treehouse hideaway in the sand dunes, watching as about 20 mysterious aliens disembarked from the spacecraft. Their heads were as big as pumpkins, they were speaking a funny language and their eyes were bulging out. They were carrying big, weird boxes with unusual writing on them that I had never seen before. 

   The aliens needed a place to stay, so they just competely took over my beach house. Annoyingly, they probably invaded my beach house because it was the biggest and best house on the coast, but it didn't look like they were just going to invade my beach house. In the sky there were millions of spacecrafts looking to invade any of the best houses there were. All the alien spacecrafts were hovering above all the houses on the coast. Zac and I shivered together in fear and we were just hoping they wouldn't see, hear or find us.

   The aliens didn't care about who was in the house, they just wanted a place to stay and store their boxes. Zac and I were watching from my secert treehouse as they opened one of the boxes. Inside there were some weird weapons. Well that's what I thought they were, but Zac thought they were an odd type of bazooka that aliens might use. Without warning, a couple of the aliens took some weapons into my beach house. We were shocked when we saw the aliens threaten my parents with the strange looking weapons. I almost felt like running out and attacking them! Before I could act, two ugly looking aliens took my parents aboard their spacecraft while the rest of the aliens stayed behind and loaded more boxes into my beach house.
''Why my beach house?'' I kept on complaining to Zac.         

   Zac and I quickly jumped on to our dirt bikes, that had been hiden in our secert treehouse hide away, and raced down the coast as fast as the could go. All the people we passed looked at us, wondering why we were going so fast, but when they looked up in the sky they saw all the spacecrafts. That made their mouths drop open in shock. We found it really hard to hold onto the handle bars of our bikes - the grip was rubbing off. Zac and I started to find it was getting too hard to track the spacecraft, so we thought that we should get something better -something that would track them down more effectively.

   Zac and I were forced to do something we shouldn't have done. We devised a plan to hijack an aeroplane. We rushed to the closest airport and luckily when we got there, someone had left the door of a small plane open and the engine was on. It took Zac a while to start the plane, so I had to show off my skill. Finally, I managed to get the plane up in the air. Zac looked down and saw a man looking worried about what his boss would say, stomping off in an angry mood. Zac and I found it really hard to control the plane but eventually we got the knack of it. While I was driving the plane, Zac yelled out, ''The spacecraft is over there!''
 Zac was pointing to it. Our mouths dropped open.  

   At full speed, Zac and I began chasing the spacecraft. Luckily, the spacecraft had very few windows, and the aliens looked like their gigantic brains would be less help than their tiny eyes. The cloudy day was turning against Zac and I. It was getting harder and harder to track down the spacecraft. We looked down. There were millions of spacecrafts - mysteriously invading one by one. Suddenly, the spacecraft made a quick, snappy turn to the left and started going down. We saw the roads, but we couldn't work out where the aliens were going to land. I was desperate to get my parents back. At last it dawned on me. The place where they were going was the Westpac Stadium in Wellington. 

''I reckon they chose it, because it looks like an enormous tin jail,'' thought Zac.
The spacecraft slowly landed. There were millions of people locked up in cages. It looked like the aliens were keeping people in cages, innocent people.  Zac and I landed the aeroplane on top of the roof without difficulty, and watched everything that the aliens were doing to my parents. 

  Our eyes were lazered on my parents, just waiting to see what was going to happen. We saw my parents disembark from the spacecraft and get moved into a massive cage. Everyone was being watched. The aliens were everywhere in the stands with their so called ''weapons'' aimed on everyone, just about to fire. Sneakily, we jumped off the roof into the stands and went through one of the entrances and came out through one of the tunnels, (where rugby teams go through when they're playing someone). We saw millions of innocent people getting pushed around.

   We finally managed to spot my parents, but they were stuck inside a gigantic cage along with everyone else. Zac had a plan to sneak in without the aliens noticing us, and looking like we've been captured as well. At the moment the aliens were letting some other innocent people in the cage, we would recklessly charge through, with none of the aliens noticing us. Suddenly, another spacecraft was landing. We started crawling on the ground and making our way to the cage's entrance. 

   It was hard getting into the cage, but we finally did. Rushing, Zac and I made our way and started looking for my parents. We managed to find them, but it was getting really hard to move around, because so many more people had been captured and put in the cage. Mum and Dad kept on asking if I was alright. I told them to be careful because we needed to escape. Zac just thought of brillant plan to dig a small hole under the cage. All four of us started frantically to dig a hole with our hands. We had to cover everything so the aliens wouldn't find out and shoot us. 

   We had dug a hole, and now I could crawl through it. They made me go first,  probably because they wanted me to check the coast was clear. It took about five or ten minutes for all of us to escape through the hole. Suddenly, we got spotted. A weird noise arose in the stadium - it must have been the aliens talking about killing us or something. 

''Scram,'' I shouted, as the aliens from all over the stands began firing bullets everywhere.

We ran all over the rugby field, hoping we wouldn't get shoot. Another spacecraft was landing. I shouted to everyone to get into it, once the aliens had got out. It was a great idea, but then I thought to myself, and wondered what would happen if they started chasing us, or where would we go? The aliens got out of their spacecraft unaware of what was happening, and just took the innocent people into the cage like normal. We all made a super, quick dash to the spacecraft trying not to get shot by the aliens, with their ultimate guns.

''George, do you know how drive this thing?'' questioned my Mum, shaking.
'' Yeah, I drove the plane which is on the roof,'' I explained.

   We were up in the sky before you could believe it. Zac looked back. There were several spacecraft following us, all shooting bullets. I finally found where they were firing bullets from- it was a sercert hatch. But it needed some sort  of password or a key.

''Hold on, hold on. I think I can break the lock,'' suggested my Dad.
Luckily, my Dad found it very easy to break, and while he was doing that the others found out that there was a button to make the engine go super fast. It was labelled:  zfd#bbn6^ds$nbfd*n.

 had to press it, or the aliens would get us for sure this time.
''Beep,'' it went, and then we started going faster than fast.
It was extremely hard to see the route ahead, so we just let the spacecraft lead itself. And for fun, I started to press the button that fired bullets, but we didn't see where they went, or what happened to the aliens following us. The situation was getting very strange, too strange.

''What if they know where we are, what if they're planning to capture us and take us back to the cage in Wellington?'' wondered Zac, shivering with fear.

  With a spark of inspiration, I figured it out. We needed to find a safe place, and I knew exactly  where to go. Kapiti Island - the safest place in the Wellington region.

''What's so good about it?'' queried Zac, being very curious.
''Well, they won't be able to see us, we would be hidden in the forest. There is no way they would ever go there, because aliens hate all trees and forests,'' I expained, with no hesitation whatsoever.
''What are we waiting for, let's go,'' cheerfully said Zac.
''But how do I make this thing go back onto normal speed? Is it the same button to make it go in the first place,'' I thought.
  
  I clicked the button.
''It worked, it worked,'' I said, feeling pretty happy with myself.
''Yes,'' Zac shouted out.
 Luckily, my Mum was an expert at navigation, and knew all about directions. She told me to stand aside, and then she took control of the spacecraft. Zac and I started giggling at how Mum kept on taking weird turns, but finally she started to descend slowly.  Ten minutes later, Mum, approached Kapiti Island, driving the spacecraft extra slow, so the aliens wouldn't see tus. 

  Carefully, Mum landed the spacecraft. We all made our way out of the spacecraft, hoping that there were definitely no aliens there. There were millions and millions of insects there, so it was almost impossible to hear if aliens were there or not. We searched the whole island, and I managed to report that it was an alien-free zone. 

It took a week or two to build ourselves huts and make tools from the wood and plants on the island. We didn't know if we would be there for the rest of our lives. Would the aliens keep invading New Zealand and the rest of the world?  Would they discover our clever hiding place?

George Power 1000

No comments:

Post a Comment